Sunday, May 4, 2008

In the beginning...

Hi, Dave here, I am starting something new....blogging. This is going to be a running journal of my glass happenings. I have been a guest artist with Disney for about 6 years. Unreal. The time flies by when you are living your dream. I still find it really hard to believe.

How did I get to be an artist with Disney? It is random but here goes.....

I have always loved Disneyland and anything Disney. My family lived in Oxnard and we practically lived at the greatest place around. I found a letter that my father wrote and it said something about visiting Disneyland on September 19th, 1964 with the family. That was my first visit. I was one year and three days old.

Fast forwarding many years, I was at a convention and got to meet with a VP of merchandising for the park and he was really interested in seeing my stained glass work ( I just happened to have a printed sheet of my work). He got my info and said that he would get back with me. I thought that I had been blown off. You know, "Don't call us, We'll call you...." Well, I got a call from Disney and was asked if I would be interested in doing some work for a Nightmare Before Christmas event in the fall.......that was in 2003.

No comments: